Updated: Shayne Lamas In A Coma, Loses Her Baby After Pregnancy Complication

February 10, 2014

Ethan Miller/Getty Images
 
Shayne Lamas, the daughter of actor Lorenzo Lamas, is currently in a coma following a pregnancy complication that caused her to lose her baby, reports TMZ.

According to the site, Lamas was rushed to the hospital after she collapsed in her O.C. home. It was during surgery that Shayne lost her unborn child. She was 16 weeks along.

Lamas is reportedly still in a coma. Doctors remain optimistic on her recovery.

This would have been the second child for Shayne and husband, Nik Richie. The couple welcomed daughter, Press Dahl-Lamas Richie in 2011.


Update: Shayne has been released from the hospital. In a statement, she thanks her family and hospital staff:
"I've cried reading the expression of generosity and warmth from everyone. … I'm out of ICU at Mission Viejo Hospital. I cannot thank the medical staff here enough for not giving up on me."  
"Thank you to my father and his wife, my mother, my sisters, my grandmother and New York family, my husband's family, and to my husband for never leaving my side."  
"Nik, your strength can never be measured. I love you. To everyone out there, please donate blood. You can save a life like mine. In loving memory of my son, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."

No comments :

Post a Comment