Updated: 'RHONJ' Stars, Teresa And Joe Giudice, Plead Guilty To Fraud Charges

March 4, 2014

Teresa and Joe arrive to court                                                                          Mike Coppola/Getty Images

Teresa and Joe Giudice pleaded guilty to multiple counts of fraud this morning. "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars, appeared before U.S. District Judge Esther Salas in Newark Federal Court.

The Italian cookbook author and her husband are scheduled to be sentenced on July 8, 2014.

According to E News!, Joe faces a potential sentence of 37 to 46 months in jail and Teresa faces 21 to 27 months in jail.

The couple were charged in a 39 count indictment with mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, and bankruptcy fraud in July 2013. Joe was also charged with failure to file his tax returns for 2004 to 2008, he is said to have earned up to $1 million during those 4 years.

Until today, the Giudices had pleaded not guilty to all fraud charges.


Update: Teresa has released a statement to In Touch about the case,
"Today, I took responsibility for a series of mistakes I made several years ago. I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus I intend to address the Court directly at sentencing. I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decisions, and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public."   

No comments :

Post a Comment